Wednesday, January 26, 2011

37 weeks- full term!!!

Photobucket


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 37 weeks
Size of baby: 6 3/4-7 lbs & 19 inches
Total Weight Gain/Loss: gained 18lbs [but I have a feeling I've gained a couple!]
Maternity Clothes: pretty much everything [I'm gonna miss the clothes, actually, especially jeans]
Gender: BOY! Brayden Curtis Payne
Movement: starting to not be as frequent but can feel little body parts in my ribs at all times or something poking out the side of my belly!
Sleep: toss & turn all night, can't get comfortable, getting hard to turn over, many potty breaks
What I miss: sleep!, being able to bend over- even a little
Cravings: cereal, chocolate
Symptons: tiredness, heartburn, constant trips to the bathroom
Best Moment this week: getting more maternity pictures done by a friend hopefully this weekend and doctors appt tomorrow!

This was me [at Emily's baby shower] at 37 weeks with Kylie! HOLY MOLY!!!!
Photobucket

BABY UPDATE:
Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.
Photobucket

I've started to get more things ready for the baby's arrival, such as: install the car seat into the car- yes, I did this myself! Since I'll continue to watch Haylee 2 weeks out of each month I needed to leave her car seat in the car as well. Hers would stay in the middle and Brayden's car seat would go behind the driver's seat and Kylie's car seat would stay where it is. Well I tried for about 45 minutes but could not get the base of the infant car seat to go right and when I would put the car seat in the base, it wouldn't click in with ease. So I figured I needed to get a new car seat for Haylee to use that was slimmer. I got a new one at Wal-mart that is kinda a booster seat but still has the harness so it can still be used for Haylee. I was really hoping this would work because I didn't know what else I could do [besides buy a van, which is not an option at the moment]. And thank goodness it worked!!! It's snug but I can get the baby's car seat in and out without hardly any trouble. So that's all set to go!

Photobucket


closer view of the middle car seat & baby's car seat
Photobucket

Today, I got out the bouncy seat & swing and checked the batteries. The bouncy seat already had batteries in it so that's good to go but the swing had none so I need to get those. Mom gave me her snap n' go stroller, where you just sit the baby's car seat into it and use it as a stroller- it's not one of those big strollers. It was in her attic so I need to clean it and then put it in the trunk of my car.


Photobucket


And then I need to move the pack n' play into our bedroom [which I'll probably do in another week or so] and put the top part in and changing table in and add sheets to it.


Photobucket


My hospital bag is pretty much packed. And I already have my "last minute" list [such as: make-up, pillow, etc.] ready to go! So we are pretty much ready when he is! I'm starting to get really uncomfortable, especially when sleeping and it's getting harder to walk- definitely starting to waddle!



No comments:

Post a Comment